Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Went on Summer Vacation and All I got Was This Lousy Blog Post : Part Two

Alright, on to the next order of business.

In preparation for our trip home, I finally decided to go and have Addison's hair cut. It was super emotional for me. Andrew has had two haircuts by age 7 months. Addison is three and the only time she's had her hair cut is when her cousin Payton decided to play hairdresser on her, hacking off a large clump near the back.

Yeah.

ANYways, I really was trying to talk Addison into letting me cut her hair into one of those cute little stacked bobs. Her little BFF recently had it done and it looks adorable. However, I forgot that my insane vanity rubbed off on Addison. I am not kidding at all when I saw that she pulls her hair over her shoulder and strokes it occasionally. I would ask her, "Addison, can we cut your hair short?" And she would say, "No thank you, I want to leave it long."

I pushed and pushed the issue, and each time she would tell me, no thank you. So we finally came to a compromise of cutting "just a little". In the end, it was about three inches, but it has made all the difference in the world. Gone is the bird's nest that I had to comb through every morning. I can even leaver her hair down from time to time! It's amazing.

Also, I would be lying if I said I didn't tear up just a little at the sight of her in Patti's hairdresser chair. Addison loves Patti (she's out across the street neighbour who has been doing my hair for the last six years) and she looked so big! I'm a sucker.

Hair before:



During:



And After:



I was so afraid that cutting her hair would mean her curls would go away, but as you can see, they are still there in full effect. Addison loves her hair, and told everyone for weeks after about it. Including both sets of grandparents, her friends, and strangers at the grocery store. That's my girl!

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com