Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Do You Think They're Related?

Aw sharing time!! I found an old pic of me at one year old that my mom had sent me and I couldn't believe how much Addison used to look like me. When she was all round and tubby and squishy, she was a spitting image of her mother (By the way, I never understood the phrase "spitting image". When I was a kid, I used to think it was a typo in every book I read, and it must have been splitting image. Splitting image makes much more sense, because then its like she looks so much like you, you're split in half.) ANYways, look! Me and Adds, around the same age here. Same round head, same chubby cheeks, same ginormous eyes! Except for the hideous bangs. MOM what were you thinking. Have I already done a discourse on the horribleness that is bangs on little girls? Terrible. Never ever. I had to wear those bangs until I was 14 because bangs are a slippery slope. once you cut them you can never go back. You have to keep cutting them because if you don't, they're in your eyes for the rest of time. Be smart, don't start.



But now as Addison starts thinning out and growing into herself a little more, I can't believe how much she looks like Justin as well!


How weird. I used to think a kid either looked like their mom, or their dad, but I still can't tell on Addison. She has my exact eye shape and exact mouth. We even have the same dimple in our bottom lip, which I think is funny. I remember the day she was born, I noticed it and thought "How odd, that someone else has a feature that was uniquely mine." But her nose is just like Justin's. And then she gets things from other people in our family as well. Her eye colour comes straight from her Uncle Jonathan, the only other person in our family who's eyes change from green to brown.

I think the one of the funnest things about having kids is seeing what traits they'll carry on from their parents. I love to watch Addison's mannerisms and know exactly where she got them from. Her hypersocial behaviour - mine. Her love of the outdoors - Justin.

There are a few things I don't want her to learn from me:
My temper.
My spending habits.
My mad face (I swear it is causing me wrinkles.)
My impatience.

Still working on those. It's one of those things where I wish I could see a few years into the future to what kind of person she'll end up being. I remember being nine or ten, and imagining what I would be like when I was an "adult". I guess I'm an adult now, but mostly I just feel like a slightly older version of my nine year old self. I SAID SLIGHTLY!!!

Well, except for the bangs.

1 comments:

Sheriece said...

Oh Jae, you should get paid for this. You're hillarious. AND - I can't believe how much Addie looks like Justin in those pics! I've always thought she looked like you, but she really is starting to take on Justin's traits! How funny. I love checking into your blog every few days... Thanks for the entertainment ;) You rock!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com