Friday, June 13, 2008

Be Like Me!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with music. ANY kind. I will give any song or artist a chance, and because of that, I have the most RANDOM tastes in music. Anyhow, I get a lot of people asking me for new music because they are bored of listening to like, Gwen Stefani and Kelly Clarkson (no offense to them, I like them, its just so mainstream). I think that music can extend way beyond the radio. So I thought I'd post a little playlist of what I am listening to right now, in hopes that someone might find something that they like, and it might broaden the musical horizons. I am definitely no crazy musical genius, but I know what I like. I have found TONS of great stuff lately, it's been a good year! I'll be nice and post what genre of music it is beside each track, in case you're really staunchly against a certain type of music, which I think is a travesty.

I am one of those people who cannot function without some kind of music. I think it goes back to when I was a little kid, and when my mom wanted us to be motivated to clean the house, she'd play really loud music for us to listen to while we got it done. I grew up listening to every song from the 60's and 70's, the Mama's and the Papa's, Elton John, Jackson 5, Beatles, Temptations, Simon and Garfunkel, Drfters, Platters, Beach Boys, you name it, I dusted the table to it. So to this day, I put on music to clean and I always get it done faster. I even have radios in the kitchen and in the shower. WE GET IT, JAE! YOU LIKE MUSIC!!! K, I'm just saying. Music is my boyfriend.

So, here are the latest additions to my ever changing playlist. I have around 1000 songs on it now and always having more. If you have any songs you love, let me know about them because I always want more.

Polaroid - Shwayze (light hip hop/rock)
I Decided - Solange Knowles (jazz)
Cold As You - Taylor Swift (country)
If I Never See Your Face Again - Maroon 4 ft. Rihanna (rock)
Violet Hill - Coldplay (rock/contemporary)
Take It To the Top - Freeway (rap)
The Happy Blues - Jon Levine Band (light rock/piano)
When I Grow Up - Pussycat Dolls (pop)
Buzzin' - Shwayze (light hip hop/rock)
Faces Going Places - Jose Vanders (contemporary)
The Tide - The Spill Canvas (rock)
Daydreamin' - Lupe Fiasco (rap)
Merry Happy - Kate Nash (contemporary)
Mr. Pitiful - Matt Costa (piano)
Come Around - M.I.A. ft Timberland (hip hop)
Back to Black -Amy Winehouse (rock)

Okay, so that's it for now. Hopefully you can find something that floats your boat!

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com