Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mommyness!







Yeah, here's another one that was circulating on Facebook. When the babies are born I'll do a new one for them too. UGH I just pasted it and it is all unformatted. Luckily I have about 8 hours to kill here... so it doesn't matter, I just like complaining.

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes. We wanted (we meaning I along with Justin-ish) Addison SO BAD. She took about a year of trying before making an appearance on the pregnancy test. Woo!

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yup, about 2 years.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I ran into the living room where Justin was sleeping. I had started taking tests quietly on my own because I didn't want to get both of our hopes up, so I had snuck out to the car to get a secret test where I stashed them at like 6am. He thought someone had stolen the car because I couldn't even talk, I just squealed.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Well, that would be counter-productive, wouldn't it?

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? Ahh I believe it was right after my 21st birthday.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? My secret tests that I kept in the center console of the Jeep. lol.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Justin... then we waited three months to tell my family, and then his when I got home from Canada. Technically my brothers were all next to know after Justin.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yup. I haaaaaate. hate. hate. being pregnant. It was my half way gift to myself to go shopping for pink things. There is no way I'd make it to the end.

9. WHEN WERE YOU DUE? Feb 18th, 2006. SHe showed up on Feb 28th, 2006. And everyone always says "If she was born one day later, it would be a leap year." Uh, no it would not. 2006 was not a leap year. Thats the WHOLE POINT of leap years.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yessir. I lost about ten pounds in my first trimester with her, nothing was palatable. The worst was pizza. Just the smell of it would send me running. Gross.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Beer. I know right? How ridiculous. It figures that the MORMON would crave beer. It was a good exercise in self control. I drank alot of Apple Beer though. But I think that's just a Utah thing.... hahahaha obviously.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? What DIDN'T irritate me? I'll be honest, most other pregnant women irritated me, being all glowy and excited while I babysat the toilet and ate dry toast. I wanted to shoot them.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girly girl! Which I am eternally grateful for, I have a tendency of going overboard and so I was able to get all of the pink-buying out of my system.

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Ah, no, I don't think so. I wanted a girl first, and then the rest boys. And I got what I wished for.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? Oh probably 20 or 25. I stayed teeny with Addison, and I was pretty smug about it. THAT'LL TEACH ME!

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Three. lol.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? One I knew about - Utah. One I only sort of knew about - Ajax (It was supposed to be a few friends getting together, but turned into a really good shower. Including cake! And singing! lol) and one I didn't know about - Porter family.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not a one. Which now I'm like, omg I so took it for granted to have a perfect little pregnancy. I keep saying, its like I am one of those people who is usually pretty good at things that I try, so I just assumed I was "good" at pregnancy. Uh, WRONG. Just the first was good. To entice me to do it again.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? UVRMC. Good labour rooms.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I think like... 14? I don't know, I slept through most of it. I'm not super interested in labour.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Justin... we were appliance shopping and hard labour hit, and the salesman was like "Can I get you some water?" Um, I don't know, is water the cure for labour? Idiot. I was like no, I need to go to the hospital.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My doctor. lol. Justin was up by my head with his eyes squeezed shut.

23. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION? THE BIG V!!! (My brothers are all crying in discomfort right now.)

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? You better believe it. Epi when I was at like, a 5. lol. I wasn't hurting thaaaat much but figured meh, what the heck.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs6oz, and 19". Just a teeny little gorgeous girl. ANd one pound of that was hair.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? Feb 28th, 2006 at 4.23 am. I think. lol. It was all pretty fuzzy by that point. I was like neat, there's a baby. Can I have a nap now?

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Cool 29 is missing. Addison Jae. Jae after you guessed it, me. First I was weirded out to name a baby after myself, but now its a cool little bonding thing. Especially because she really turned out to be a mini-me.

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Almost 3. If you ask her how old she is, she'll say "My name's Addison." BUT!! If you ask her how many candles she is blowing out, she'll hold up three fingers. So I think that's good enough.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, how does a mormon know what beer tastes like to know how to crave it??? LOL.

You were a baby when you got married...19! I felt young at 22. I didn't know it took you a year to concieve...and I understand the hidden tests. I did that too. Hahahaha.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com