Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Confessional

YAY! I have a life again. And you know what that means? That's right, Friday Confessional time. Ohhhhh yeah.

-I get inexplicably angry when Microsoft Word gives me incorrect grammar suggestions. I use Word all day, every day, and I wonder how many people don't understand grammar at all because they just take Word's "word" for it. (Hahahaha I am so witty.)
-I find Handy Manny's accent strangely attractive. If you don't know who Handy Manny is, you clearly don't have children. He's a Hispanic handyman on Disney Channel.
-I have a hatred for decals on cars. Or bumper stickers on cars. Or Subarus AS cars. Wow, that was a tangent.
-I have roughly 600 pacifiers laying around my house. In the NICU, they don't "reuse" them, so when they are done with them, they put them in a baggy for you and open a new one instead. And I still never know what to call them. I grew up calling them dummies, but down here they all call them binkies. I have tried all the different names and none sound right. However, Addison has been calling it a "dinky". I like it.
-I declined a prescription for hard drugs after giving birth and immediately regretted it. WHY would I do that?
-I really dislike breastfeeding. I have done SO much better with Andrew than I ever did with Addison, but I still don't love to do it. But I hate pumping and formula just isn't going to happen, so I'm stuck with it for a while.
-I have Britney Spears' new CD and listen to it obsessively. Because deep down inside, I'm just a fifteen year old girl. With two car seats. In my Tahoe.
-I buy things like Handi Snacks and Fruit by the Foot and pretend they are for my daughter. I eat them before I even get home. SHE DOESN'T LIKE CHEESE. What kid hates cheese? Today I tried swaying her to eat some with the promise of Fun Dip afterwards, to no avail.
-I ate the Fun Dip too.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I've been calling my daughter's pacifier a "pluggie" lately!

Carly said...

Did you know that Manny's voice is Wilmer from That 70's show?

GuppiesGalore said...

We don't get Handy Manny here in CanadiaLand.

We call soother's "naa". I don't know why, it's just what my firstborn called it.

Breastfeeding is hard at first, but definately worthwhile! I didn't love it until my babies were about 3 months old, each time. Now, he's 7 months and I can't imagine NOT doing it. :)

danielle said...

I came here to secretly admit that I, too, think Handy Manny's voice is attractive... only to find out that it's WILMER from That 70's Show!? No wonder the voice is attractive! He's HOT!

I will never be the same, now, when I watch Handy Manny.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com