Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Confessional

Like, every week I think of something weird and then I'm like "Oooh! I should include that in my confessional post!" But it usually happens in the car, and by the time I'm done shuttling kids and groceries in the house, I'm all "Ooh, pudding!" and totally forget that I even HAVE a blog.

-I can never remember the number for September. I waffle between 9 and 10 ALWAYS until I count backwards and realize I was born in the seventh month. It's a constant struggle.
-After going through my clothes to donate the other day I found out I have exactly two pink shirts. Let's put this in perspective. I have something like 220 shirts, not including t-shirts. Clearly pink is not a priority for me.
-Whenever I have money to spend, I can't find anything to buy. I imagine it's something to do with the forbidden fruit needing to be tasted, because when I'm forbidden to buy something I manage to find like, gold studded shoes and diamonds on sale.
-I was stung by a hornet today and spend ten minutes screaming, groaning and stamping the floor before I realized that all my windows were open and it sounded like I was beating my children. I threw in the word "bee" a few times for good measure.
-I hate eating in the mornings. It's like torture for me toast a piece of bread or make cereal. I swear it's residual morning sickness.
-Because if it were real morning sickness, I'd have to go ahead and throw myself off a cliff.
-I love looking at random wedding pictures. Like oh, hi second cousin once removed of my facebook friend... what did you wear to your wedding? And what did your bridesmaids wear? I shall judge your cake!
-I don't have an artistic bone in my body. If it's computer-based, I can eek by. If it's like, put a pencil in my hand and ask me to draw something? I'll die. My mom always told me I had talents that people couldn't see, like making people laugh. Yeah, because every girl wants to grow up being the untalented funny one.
-I make my kids take naps in the afternoon. I make it seem like I keep things scheduled when really I like two solid hours to watch period movies on Netflix (Young Victoria = Love) and do my hair.

Let's do this again sometime, shall we?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Young Victoria is totally on my netflix list! And no pink shirts? Funny since that's your signature color for typing in!

Quirky Jessi said...

I was the untalented funny one, too. They couldn't even encourage me to run off with the circus or something, because clowns apparently require talent....and can't just be funny. :(

Anonymous said...

I can't remember oct. and nov. the #'s OR which comes first. I'm 31- whats my problem.
Sept. I can remember b/c of 9/11 and the twin towers. It's seriously the only reason I know it's a 9- maybe that will help.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com