Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day

It's been snowy since November where I live, but the snow all melted and we had downright balmy weather the past couple of weeks. While it was nice not having to place my children in astronaut worthy snowsuits everywhere we went, it also wasn't very Christmasy. And I am a Christmas purist. Bing Crosby taught me well. And YES I've already watched White Christmas and YES I cried like a baby when General Waverly walks into the ballroom and his troops are there. IT'S EMOTIONAL.

...he has so many friends....

OK, back on point. Anyway, we got eight inches of real, live packing snow yesterday and Addie and I went to enjoy it all. What you must understand is that Utah snow is very dry. It falls in these glittery, powdery tufts and there is no way to make a snowman out of it. Usually I just leave it on my car and let it blow onto the car behind me while I drive down the freeway. Sorry, suckers, I'm 5'4" and can't reach the top of my car and you're going to have to deal with it. But yesterday's snow was (what I thought was, anyway) packing snow, so I promised Addison we'd make a snowman.

Now, at home in Canada, you rolled a snowball twice and it was the size of your car. So making a snowman was a 15 minute project, at best. Well, apparently Utah packing snow isn't as hardy, because it took me about 90 minutes to make the bottom alone. I finally filled a milk jug and started wetting the snow before I rolled the snowball. In typical child fashion, Addie lost interest and spent the rest of the time sledding off the back of the driveway.

Oh well.


Whatever, it's the cutest snowman ever made.


Even if it is only two feet tall.


Kids in snow gear are adorable as long as they don't have to pee.


I officially love the "snow" setting on my camera.

Anyway, apart from the fact that it looks like we have a small child in our front yard, I would say our snowman making session was a success. And I'm far too lazy to go take him apart, so I'm just going to have to wait until he melts to get my scarf back.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com