Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Came, I Saw, I Cleaned.

After our super busy weekend, I can safely say that our house was TRASHED. Like, trashed to epic proportions. We had bags stuffed with clothes from swimming and the cabin, the usual Sunday mess that occurs while trying to get a two year old ready for church, dishes that I was avoiding for no apparent reason other than I don't like doing dishes, and a mother lode of laundry. It was so depressing. There's nothing that makes me more anxious than a cluttered house, so yesterday I set to the insurmountable task of trying to dig my house out of the muck.

IT TOOK ME FIVE HOURS. I know!!! What the heck kind of person lets their house get that dirty? I swear I hauled out at least 4 garbage bags full of junk I just didn't want in my house anymore. I take inexplicable pleasure in throwing things out, no matter what they are. I love thinking "well, that's the last time I have to deal with that toy/candy wrapper/plastic thingy/penny" yes, I occasionally throw out pennies. I know that's bad.

Also, do you have any idea how impossible it is to clean with a tow year old following you around? I did most of it during her nap, but she was awake while I was trying to vacuum, and then while I was trying to clean her room and she kept pulling out toys that SHE HASN'T PLAYED WITH FOR 6 MONTHS and making more messes for me to clean up. I must have told her to clean up her mess 1000 times, and finally ended up putting on Nemo for her while I tried to figure out why one child needed so many dolls.

But now I have a pristine house, all lovely and smelling like organic Mr. Clean stuff, all limey and delicious. I love having a clean house, it puts me in such a good mood. I vow to never again let it get to the point that it did over the weekend.

Er... until next weekend at least.

1 comments:

Carly said...

You love throwing out stuff too? I am the opposite of a pack rat. I'm a minimalist. I hate clutter and crap that I will never use. The D.I, Salvation Army and Rescue Mission love us cuz we are always giving stuff away! lol. And yes, trying to clean with a two year-old is just nonsense.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com