Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's cooler than being cool? ICE COLD!

Did I tell you we finally got our air conditioning put in? Well we did. At least one of them. Because of the open plan of our house, and the like, 600 ft ceilings, we technically need two air conditioners and furnaces, one down in the basement and one up on the third floor attic. But We just did the one for now, because we didn't have a spare $4000 laying around. Trust me, if we did, I would have already spent it.

But I am very happy with our ice cold air, where previously I was just sitting around in a sour mood because of the heat, I am now just a general ray of sunshine. Plus, it's cloudy today, and we all know how I feel about rain. Delicious.

Anyhow, to combat the heat in the house, I commissioned my mother in law to sew some drapes for Addison and our rooms. After a very extensive trip to the fabric store, where I made things up in my head, we came up with a really cute design for Addison's room, and she finished them over my birthday weekend. I can't sew a straight line, (and I know lots of people say that, but I am not joking at all. I can't sew a straight stitch. When I was 16, I used to have these really worn in, holey jeans and they had a Care Bear patch that I had haphazardly sewed over the bum pocket to cover a hole, and it would rip off EVERY TIME I WORE THEM. Fun fact: They are still in my closet.) ANyhow, here are the drapes. They turned out SO CUTE. Addison's room is tan and dark green and red with a Noah's Ark theme, so they pull it all together. I would have taken full room pics, but to be brutally honest, it's a mess in there. Also, sorry for the darkness. IT'S EARLY!





Here's a close=up of the gathers with little buttons. And also a Jeep.


And this is what Addison occupies herself with whilst I am ignoring her.



Those would be pipe cleaners.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com