Tuesday, August 12, 2008

That's What I Want

The best things in life are free. But you can give them to the birds and bees, I want money (doo, doo dah doo) That's what I want...


K, so first of all, I love that song, it conjures up happy memories of watching Empire Records over and over again at Erin's house while we ate toaster strudel.

Second of all, Addison has found her favourite new toy lately - MONEY! She is obsessed with it. She'll find it anywhere, then carry it around for days, forcing me to smell it. SMELL IT. Not only do I hate the smell of money, I hate any smells right now. She'll tell me "Mommy! Smells goooood." while sniffing her coins. Its getting a little ridiculous. We ordered Chinese food last night, and I panicked when I didn't have any small bills for a tip. Justin said "Go check Addison's purse." And I did, and sure enough she had a few dollar bills stashed in there with her nail polish. At that point, I felt too guilty about taking money out of my two year old's purse (Even though she CLEARLY stole it from me.) and just put the tip in the cheque. Although I hate doing that too, at first glace it just looks cheap.

Justin had an old client who owed him a little money come by and drop it off in cash (That makes him sound like a drug dealer) and Addison woke up this morning and saw it and thought she'd died and gone to heaven. She still playing with her "nunny" and "doins" (Money and coins) now.

Like mother, like daughter!


1 comments:

Alisa said...

How did i not know that you love Empire Records? I love that movie so much! My sister and i watched it all the time.

Tell Addison to send me some of that money.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com