Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alive-ish

So we're back from our little vacation. Actually, we got back on Sunday but I spent all day catching up on work, refilling my sad excuse for a fridge and trying to feel normal again. Quick question, is there such a thing as a holiday where you come back actually feeling refreshed? I get back from vacation and just feel frazzled and out of breath, and like I need another one to recuperate.


Anyhow, it was pretty fun, but it was stressful as well. Addison was a peach for the long drives that it took, but I would work myself up over if she was entertained enough that it was exhausting. The actual Lake Powell part was fun, she loves sleeping in a tent and having her own sleeping bag. She went to sleep every night and just CRASHED because she had played so hard all day. I did my best to relax and read a few books, American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld which was fantastic, and The Road by Cormac McCarthy which was good too, but read too fast. Mostly I just worked on my tan, which is pretty impressive now that it's had time to cure out of the sun.


I was bitten by a spider, though, and instead of getting awesome superpowers, I got a swollen foot and ankle and a wicked limp. So I Went to Lake Powell and All I Got Was This Lousy Arachnid Chewing on My Foot.


Here's the pics!









1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ha, Love the bikini Addison is sporting, she looks good! lol. Looks like fun!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com