Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Quasi-Weekend Update

Yeah yea, I never post and blee bloo blah, but it's the SUMMER! I don't want to be wasting my time inside plunking on the computer when it is sunny and gorgeous and my daughter. I have a TAN to work on. I think there is nothing better than driving off to the pool and grabbing a drink on the way. Ahh. Actually, I kind of want to do that today, so this shall be short.

Aside from it being in summer, we have been crazy busy. On Friday I left the house at 10 and didn't make it back until around 6. I was errand-ing like it was my job. First we headed off to the Library to drop off some books. I, for one, am not a Library lover because I buy all my books. Addison has liked it though, and we've been renting all of the old school movies that I put on for her and then get sucked into. Fern Gully anyone? (Yo! My name is Batty, the concept is erratic, potato in a jacket, toys in the attic, I rock and I ramble, my brains are SCRAMBLED, I look like an animal, but I'm a mammal. OMG I did that from memory.) I was going to pick up some new stuff for her, but in true Jae fashion, I forgot my library card so I just dropped them off. Then it was off to the UPS store, I'd ordered a dress online and it was ha-yuge on me. So off it went back to the store. My bestie is aover halfway thruogh her pregnancy, so I dropped off a little package for her too. She's having a boy, so we're going to have sons the same age and it makes me want to barf I'm so excited. Like, how perfect. Total tangent here, but we've been bff since Sunbeams at age three. So it's been 22 years in the making that we should have kids the same age to carry on the best tradition.

ANYWAYS, we're going to Canada next month and for inexplicable reasons, the U.S. of A wants my 6 month old son to have a passport, so we had to go get his passport pics done. In Addison's picture she is crying so I was expecting the same. Luckily Andrew is the easiest baby of life, and he just sat there calmly while they snapped away. We headed over to the passport office to have them rape my bank account for the processing of said passport. Thanks, guys!

With me now short one dress, I thought it would be a good idea to head over to my lover, Nordstrom, and see what they had in the way of dresses. On the way over, Justin noticed that Addison's hand was swollen. Like, baseball mitt swollen. So we also called for a doctor's appointment. I tried on pretty much every dress in the store, found one I loved, but wouldn't you know it, it was in a size too big. Really, fashion gods? Really. I left Nordstrom empty handed, which could be the worst feeling in the world. I don't get buyer's remorse. I get non-buyer's remorse. So depressing.

I went down to the doctors with the kids and had Addison checked out. She'd had an allergic reaction to a bug bite and was no worse for the wear, however she was put on Benedryl and it makes her really loopy and giddy, and then very sleepy. Which is kind of funny, I'm not going to lie.

On Saturday I was still mourning the loss of the dress that never was, and lamenting to Justin, when he brilliantly suggested I call them and see if they could find another at a different store and then ship it. And that folks, is why I love him. We took the kids to the park while I talked to Barbara, a lovely lady who agreed to call around and see if she could find one. Success! She located the last of my size, in Hawaii of all places, and it is being shipped to me as we speak. I love you with all of heart, Barbara. (P.S., how much of an OC wife did I feel calling up and being all "Barbara sweetie, I just NEED that Adrianna Papell dress. No, no, totally fly it in from Hawaii. Kisses!")

And those were pretty much the most notable things that happened all weekend. We party hard.

Also, I realized that I've been terrible with the picture taking lately. It's been busy, and what's more, I dropped my camera in a convenient puddle of Dr. Pepper. (I was at Chick-Fil-A! And excited to be there! Cut me some slack.) and the camera's zoom is shot. So when I do post pictures, they will be very panoramic. Just pretend it's on purpose.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for making my day with your craziness! Love You!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com