Monday, April 25, 2011

Music Challenge - Day Four

Day 04 - a song that makes you sad.

I am one of those people who becomes inexplicably affected by music. When I was a teenager, I made CDs for every possible mood ever. If I wanted to feel pumped up, I'd pop in my "Hyper" CD and listen to terrible songs like "Strange Disease" by Prozac. If I wanted to go to sleep, I would pop in "Sleep" and crash while listening to Radiohead. And if I wanted to feel sad and depressed? I'd listen to Vertical Horizon. That band is physically incapable of writing a song that doesn't make me want to lie in bed all day, eating chips and watching Pride and Prejudice on repeat (the Keira Knightley version. I'm not a P&P snob and it's prettier than the BBC version.)

Because of this, I believe "Best I Ever Had" is the saddest song of life. With "Everything You Want" as a close second. It doesn't remind me of anyone or anything, it just makes me want to cry. And I'm an ugly, splotchy crier so let's not do that.

I might burst into tears. Anyone up for a sad movie marathon?

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com